Entry for Panerai British Classic Week will open in April 2017
• The regatta is open to yachts with a current IRC Rating Certificate
• All yachts to be a minimum of 24ft(7.32m)LOD
• A ‘Classic Yacht’ for the purpose of the regatta, is a monohull designed and built for recreational purposes in wood or steel to a pre-1970 design by traditional build methods.
• Modern Classic Yachts shall be Spirit Yachts or yachts that the Committee of BCYC consider to be built with the appearance of a ‘Classic’
• Large Classic Yachts with length on deck 70ft (21.34m) and over, with a current IRC Certificate .
• Cruising Classic Yachts – no IRC Certificate required.
For 2017 Panerai British Classic Week will accept Single Event Rating TCCs (previously known as Limited Validity TCC), and we hope that if you do not wish or need to get a full Spinlock IRC certificate, the option of racing with a Single Event Rating TCC at a reduced cost will encourage your participation in this event.
The Singe Event Rating is an initiative by the RORC Rating Office for occasional IRC racers. If you are thinking of doing just one or two IRC events this year then the Spinlock IRC Single Event Rating may be for you. Please have a look at the introduction on the RORC Rating website to see whether it would fit your racing plans.
Panerai British classic Week has a full and varied programme with racing organised by Royal Yacht Squadron Racing. With Squadron line starts and finishes it really is a spectacle for competitors and spectators alike. Racing starts on Sunday 9th July followed by an Around the Island Race sponsored by EFG on the Monday. There are five further races over the week with a Long Inshore Race sponsored by Classic Boat on the Thursday and a final ‘round the cans’ race on Friday, the final race day of the regatta. A full programme of racing will be available when the Notice of Race is issued in April.
For yachts entered into the cruising class, a daily programme of ‘cruise in company’ sorties are arranged to places like Bucklers Hard at Beaulieu, Newtown Creek and Yarmouth with the opportunity for owners and crew to moor up and enjoy lunch together on board or at pre-booked restaurants at the various destinations.
Will be available in June/July 2017
Will be announced in June/July 2017